Research Support Sessions
Professionals working in social care organisations (such as local authorities, charities or the third sector) or in Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) or Powys Teaching Health Board can access the service.
The team provides advice on all aspects of developing research proposals, including:
- Focusing ideas and refining the research question(s)
- How to conduct literature searches and undertake systematic reviews
- Research design
- Choice and application of quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Selection of measures, including Patient Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs) and tools which assess the quality of social care provision from the perspective of recipients
- Including health economic analysis
- Ensuring people can participate in their preferred language
- Building a strong research team
- Involving service users and the public in all stages of the research process
- Signposting to other sources of support and potential research partners
- Ascertaining the resources required
- Identifying appropriate funding opportunities
We hold regular face to face sessions across BCUHB and Powys THB.
The sessions are designed to provide specific and tailored advice for your research proposals. We therefore require that you email us any information about your research ideas and application before the session.
|13 March 2019||12:00–2:00pm||Commissioning Meeting Room, Canteen Block 11||6 March 2019|
|17 October 2019||1:00–3:00pm||Commissioning Meeting Room, Canteen Block 11||10 October 2019|
|13 March 2020||1:00–3:00pm||Edward Ward, Block 14||6 March 2020|
|8 May 2019||5:00–7:00pm||R&D Office||1 May 2019|
|8 November 2019||5:00–7:00pm||R&D Office||1 November 2019|
|Ysbyty Glan Clwyd|
|12 June 2019||10:00-12:00pm||Seminar Room||5 June 2019|
|22 January 2020||TBC||TBC||15 January 2020|
|11 September 2019||12:00–2:00pm||Board Room 1||4 September 2019|
|12 February 2020||12:00–2:00pm||Board Room 1||5 February 2020|
If you intend to come to a face to face session, please contact us: sessions only run when there are scheduled attendees.
If you cannot attend a research support clinic:
- Please complete and submit this research support form: English version / Welsh version
- If you have a general enquiry you can also email or telephone us directly: Telephone: (01248 383793) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- An alternative place to find out about funding information and upcoming grant calls related to social care research, is the WSSCR website’s funding page and events diary
- General advice about drafting grant applications can be accessed here
- Health and Care Research Wales’ Research Route Map is designed to help guide health and social care researchers through the research process.