Research Design and Conduct Service
'Working together towards better research'
The All Wales Research Design and Conduct Service (RDCS) is a Health and Care Research Wales funded initiative operating through three trials units across Wales: Centre for Trials Research (Cardiff University); North Wales Organisation for Randomised Trials in Health (NWORTH, Bangor University); and Swansea Trials Unit (STU, Swansea University) with support from the Welsh Health Economics Support Service (WHESS) and Language Awareness Infrastructure Support (LLAIS, Bangor University).
NWORTH’s RDCS supports health professionals in Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board and Powys Teaching Health Board wishing to undertake research and design high quality research proposals for submission to national, peer-reviewed funding competitions for applied health or social care research.
Advice is available on all aspects of developing grant applications, including:
- Focusing ideas and refining the research question(s)
- Building an appropriate research team
- Involving patients and carers in all stages of the research process
- Overall research design
- Choice and application of research methodologies for both qualitative and quantitative approaches
- Choice and application of health economic objectives and methods
Patient Reported Outcomes Measures (PROMs)
- How to conduct literature searches and undertake systematic reviews
- Identifying the resources required for a successful project
- Identifying suitable funding opportunities
- Signposting researchers to other sources of research expertise and support, including identifying possible research partners.
To avail of the servive please complete the RDCS Point of Contact from:
Or alternatively for further information, please either email us at: email@example.com
or call us on: 01248 383793.
Details of the Upcoming Face-to-Face Sessions:
Tuesday 3rd October from 12-3pm in the quiet study room at the John Spalding Library (Wrexham Maelor Hospital).
Thursday 12th October from 12-3pm in the small meeting room at the Ysbyty Glan Clwyd Hospital Library.
Tuesday 24th October from 12-3pm in the Urology Department Seminar Room at Ysbyty Gwynedd.
If you wish to attend a face-to-face session, please sign up to the session by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on: 01248 383793
Note that if no one signs up for a given session then the session will be cancelled.
The All Wales RDCS Writing Retreat 2017 will be held on the 7th-9th November in Llandrindod Wells: